Over the past couple of weeks, health and safety precautions have been put in place at Simpatico Safety Training Cleveland campus to help curb the spread of COVID-19.
The health, safety and wellbeing of students and staff remains our top priority and as such, prior to commencing any face to face classes we contact students directly to ensure that they do not feel ill or exhibit any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (refer to the below image).
We also ask if they have returned from overseas travel (or have had contact with people who have recently returned from overseas) within the last 14 days.
Our class schedule is being reviewed daily in an effort to reduce risks to students and staff and also to adhere to the day to day updates released by State and Federal Government authorities.The below strategies are already in place at our Cleveland campus for students who are enrolled in classes currently:
- Multiple hand sanitisers are in place throughout our training rooms.
- Door handles are sanitised inside and out during the day.
- All desks and common use areas and equipment are disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Use of a handheld skin surface thermometer to check skin surface temperatures on arrival.
- Social distancing measures – all seating arranged to ensure 1.5m between students, we are capping numbers and reducing class hours of attendance.
- We have asked staff that if they feel ill or exhibit symptoms consistent with COVID -19 to self-isolate and consult with healthcare providers.
- All staff and students (onsite) are educated on correct hand washing techniques.
- Extending our capacity for online training options, full courses and short workshops to make any isolation time off you experience productive.
For further information about COVID-19, please see the following links. Australian Government Department of Health (www.health.gov.au), the National VET regulator (www.asqa.gov.au), and the World Health Organisation (www.who.int), for updates and advice.
We thank you for your support and business throughout this outbreak and hope you are reassured that your health is our primary concern. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us for further information.
Keep well, be safe, from the Simpatico Safety Training team. Andrew, Jo and Anna